16 May 2008

Another Dumb Sign

Mother's Day is over, but most businesses haven't had the chance to remove all of the special "Buy Mom Stuff" signs from their windows and doors yet.

Which is fine-- redecorating takes time.

But yesterday I saw a sign that made no sense.

There was a Mother's Day sign outside of a gun store (that in and of itself was strange to me) that said:

"Make Her Day: Buy Her a Tazer and Get Store Credit."

...
...
...?

I think I stood on the walkway and stared at that sign for ten minutes. Now, maybe I'm just weird-- I can't deny that possibility-- but a tazer really doesn't seem like Mother's Day gift material to me. Let's think for a minute.

Jewelry
Decorative stuff
Homemade Crafts
Tazers

...One of these things doesn't belong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you kidding?!? i spent my college theater years begging for someone to give me a stun gun and a can of pepper spray for the stupid people.

ann