31 May 2008

"Someone's got to make sure this dock stays off limits to civilians"

So there was no post yesterday. I'm sorry; I know you're disappointed.

Or not. Whatever.

Work yesterday was better than usual-- there was some stuff for me to do. Nothing important or challenging, mind you, but still--something.

The place where I work has very tight security. Someone has to be at the front desk at all times to sign in and monitor our visitors.

Yesterday, when everyone else went to lunch, I stayed behind to man the desk. It made me feel like those two guards in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. You know the ones-- they get left out of Commodore Norrington's promotion ceremony.

"Some one's got to make sure this dock stays off limits to civilians."

*Sigh*

I tried to put pictures here. I really did. I guess Josh will just have to teach me how to do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(I know this is an old post, but I'll comment anyway) Yeah, I get to do that job as well where I work. And knowing us, we would be the two guards arguing and letting a crazy pirate past us during our argument...lol.