10 September 2008

15 Movie Quotes-- Stolen from Tori, Who Took It from Maggie

Yet another meme. I'm not asking anyone to continue it-- just take it if you have the time.

This one is a bit difficult for me, since I've not seen a whole lot of movies. Or so I've been told. Repeatedly. *Sigh*

Also, IMDB is being a tad moody right now, so some of the quotes are from memory.

1. Pick 15 of your favourite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out (I'll be putting the quote in bold) when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING!/using IMDB search functions or using social networking sites.

1. "You have to keep your teeth sharp--all right-- but I will not have you sharpen them on me, or on Eve!"
All About Eve, guessed by Tori


2. "In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. And you may quote me."
Harvey, guessed by John H.

3. "Blanche, you aren't ever gonna sell this house... and you aren't ever going to leave it."
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?", guessed by Matt

4. One: "Wake up (Two), you're going to New Brunswick."
Two: "Like hell I am. What for?"
Three: "For the whoring and the drinking."
1776, guessed by Tori

5. "Well, there it is."
Amadeus, guessed by Barrie

6. "They took the idols and smashed them, the Fairbankses, the Gilberts, the Valentinos! And who've we got now? Some nobodies!"
Sunset Boulevard, guessed by Maggie

7. "But Captain, to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do."

Pan's Labyrinth, guessed by Cait

8. "Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who."
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
, guessed by Tori


9. "What is a ghost? A tragedy condemned to repeat itself time and again? An instant of pain, perhaps. Something dead which still seems to be alive. An emotion suspended in time. Like a blurred photograph. Like an insect trapped in amber."

The Devil's Backbone, guessed by Cait

10. One: "Your cash is good at the bar."
Two: "What? Do you know who I am?"
One: "I do. You're lucky the bar's open to you."
Casablanca, guessed by Tori

11. "There's a lot of ugly things in this world, son. I wish I could keep 'em all away from you. That's never possible."

To Kill A Mockingbird, guessed by Cait

12. "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."
There Will Be Blood, guessed by Matt

13. "Ever since I was a child, folks have thought they had me pegged, because of the way I am, the way I talk. And they're always wrong."
Capote, guessed by Maggie

14. One: "I don't believe in it anyway."
Two: "What?"
One: "England."
Two: "Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?"
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, guessed by John H and Tori (I'm not sure who guessed first)

15. "You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday."
The Princess Bride, guessed by Tori

Well, there it is. Good luck. And, Tori, try to give some other people a chance to guess some of them.


1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

Um, its a good thing most of them have already been guessed, because I don't think I knew any. I stink, lol.