01 February 2009

From A Smoke Filled Bar

So in the last post, I said I'd try to post something every day that makes me happy.

Today the thing that makes me happy is jazz music. There's something incredibly soothing about sitting around, listening to a softly playing piano and a mellow saxophone playing, while a velvety voiced woman sings, sounding. The image of a woman in a sparkling gown, singing into an old-style microphone in a dark, smoke filled bar is one that always makes me feel better. Here are some of my favorite jazz songs.

"They Can't Take That Away From Me"



"Moonlight Serenade"



"At Last"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To answer your question on my blog.. I think so. There is still some debate as to whether or not the movie goes forward from what i'm seeing. I know Michael Cera was one of the big missing pieces originally.