02 June 2008

More on the Menagerie

I was just told how the cow managed to escape the pasture last week.

Apparently, this particular cow has watched The Great Escape a few too many times--it's managed to get free quite a few times by crawling (as much as a cow can crawl) under the fence. Extra fencing was put up to prevent the cow from getting out that way again.

So what did this determined cow do?

It hopped (er... as much as a cow can hop) over the fence.

I think it must've learned it from the peafowl.

My neighbors are selling the cow. I think they just need to keep a closer eye on the peafowl. They're cunning little conspirators, they are.

3 comments:

colbymarshall said...

You better watch the peafowl, because if he's the brains of the operation there is no telling who he might turn against you next...

Unknown said...

my grandmother's neighbor had a peacock once. it used to escape, and come over to hang out with the turkey and the chickens. the peafoul in your neighborhood may just be seeking better company.

AES said...

Colby-- I have to agree. You can't trust anything that's that showy. And if he can turn something so sweet as a cow against the rest of us... *shudder*

Ann-- It's possible. But I still think the peacocks were just looking for trouble.