05 June 2008

Shoes

I'm not a girly-girl. I don't wear (or particularly care for) pink, I could care less about fashion, even looking at too much make-up makes me ill (unless it's for a show, of course) and I don't like shopping.

There's only one stereotypical girl thing that I'm really in to (there might be more, but I can't think of any of them).

Shoes.

I love shoes.

Being the tee shirt and jeans type, I don't have much opportunity to don fancy footwear, but that doesn't keep me from trying on every pair of shoes in a store. Even when I'm not the one who's making a purchase.

I don't get asked to help friends find shoes anymore--I always end up running off and finding six or seven pairs that I'd buy if I wasn't a poor college student.

Even my mother hesitates to let me tag along when she's looking for shoes.

But last night, she was convinced to let me come.

After about a half hour in the store, Mom--the one who needed to buy shoes-- had tried on one pair of shoes.

I'd tried on about eight. I hadn't even brought any money along with me.

I think that frustrated my mother a bit. She didn't find a pair she wanted and decided that she didn't feel like looking anymore.

I get the feeling that, next time she goes to find some sandals, she'll leave me behind. I can't say I blame her.

2 comments:

J.C. said...

Who woulda thunk it?

colbymarshall said...

I would never get tired of shoes. My closet floor is covered in pairs of shoes...it's quite the problem!