10 June 2008

Trophy desk

When I came in to work yesterday morning, the furniture in my work area had been completely rearranged.

Which totally freaked me out--Monday is not the best day to spring drastic changes on me. But I dealt with it. Or, at least, I dealt with most of it.

There had been two softball trophies sitting on a table in the front area of the office building near where my desk is. The table they had been sitting on has gone to furniture heaven (or something like that-- whatever happened, it's no longer with us), so the trophies had to be moved. Perfectly reasonable, you might be saying. They do have to go somewhere.

I agree; they can't just be left sitting on the floor.

The trophies ended up being placed on my desk--I'm assuming that's because the desk was really the only other surface in the area.

Now, these are not the dinky little team trophies that kids get from little league just for participating. No, no, these were tournament trophies: the kind that are two and a half feet tall.

And they were right behind me all day yesterday.

In my mind, I could see these plastic monstrosities toppling over and cracking my skull open (I really think they were in league with the vending machines-- the one here has a thing against me too, though it's not out for blood like the one in the dorm used to be).

And there were TWO of them--I was outnumbered!

Fortunately, the trophies have been moved; I'm no longer in any immediate danger.

But now they're where no one can hear them plotting.

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye out for them from now on.

No comments: