19 June 2008

Surprise!

I have some free time and a plan right now, so it looks like you're getting a post today.

Aren't you lucky.

One of my guilty pleasures is a show on Fox called So You Think You Can Dance. I took dance when I was a kid, and, for a while, I was really into it. Then I discovered theatre, and that was the end of that.

But I digress.

Anyway, I've watched one full season (the one when Benjie won) and all of this season so far, and one thing I have learned is that I love Mia Michaels's choreography.

Like, LOVE it. Really.

Check it out.

Mia won an Emmy for this one. (Ignore the extra stuff--this is about the dance)


And this was on last Wednesday's episode.


Pretty cool, no?

Anyway, as much as I love her choreography, she gets on my nerves as a judge. And there are several people (and by several, I mean two) who I know agree with me. I think my sister had it right when she said that Mia watches a dance and judges it based on how she would have choreographed it and not on the dance itself.

It doesn't matter, though. I watch for the dances. Even the ones not choreographed by Mia Michaels are sometimes (most of the time, but not always--last night was really a bad night)great.



So now you know one of my deep, dark secrets. Well, I make no apologies.

At least I don't watch Hell's Kitchen. *cough*Josh*cough*

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

Am so obsessed with SYTYCD! I liked the bench dance, too.

J.C. said...

Hey, I watch both, so I should get a little cred!